Dependant child visa to UK for Russians

UK dependant visaDependant child visa can be issued to children of British citizens or to children of people who have temporary permission to enter or remain in the UK. It is usually given for more than six months.

If you are a permanent resident of the UK or the British Embassy has given you permission to settle in the UK, you may be able to bring your children to live in the UK permanently.

Children cannot normally come to settle in the UK unless both parents are settled here or have been given permission to come and settle here. The only exceptions are where:

  • one parent is dead and the other is settled or coming to settle in the UK; or
  • the parent who is settled or coming to settle in the UK has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
  • one parent is settled or coming to settle in the UK and there are serious reasons why the child must be allowed to come here.

Your children must show that they:

  • are not leading an independent life;
  • are not married or in a civil partnership;
  • have not formed an independent family unit; and
  • are aged under 18.

If you and your child meet the above requirements, and you can show that you have accommodation where you can all live without help from public funds, you can bring your child to settle in the UK.

Unless you have sole responsibility for your children or there are serious reasons why they must be allowed to come to the UK, they will not be allowed to come and live here unless both parents are already living in or coming to the UK.

If the child comes here with a parent who has been given temporary permission to live here, the child will normally be given permission to stay in the UK for the same length of time as that parent. This will be not more than two years, or not more than six months if the child is entering the country with a parent who is coming here as a fiance (e) or proposed civil partner. If the parent later extends their permission to stay or is allowed to settle here permanently, the child will normally be given the same permission.

Children cannot normally come to live in the UK if one parent is living in Russia, unless the parent living in the UK has sole responsibility for the child or there are serious reasons why the child must be allowed to come here.

The most common reason for the visa refusal: «the parent can not prove the sole responsibility». And the case is usually complicated by the notarized CONSENT to the removal of the child, which must be provided by the biological parent of the child to another parent, who is going to settle in the United Kingdom. The consent is necessary anyway.

There is a special documentary process to prove the sole responsibility. Our specialists can help you just after they know more about your particular case.

Documents you should provide to support your child’s application for the UK visa from Russia:

  • Evidence of your employment
  • Your bank statements
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Evidences to certify your relationship with the child or child’s parent (certificate of registered marriage in Russia etc)
  • You will get the full list of documents for you and your child according your personal circumstances.