Child Visitor

uk child visitorThe child visitor category is for children aged under 18 years old who want to come to the UK for up to 6 months (or up to 12 months if they are accompanying an academic visitor). This includes children who want to study in the UK for up to 6 months. If you want invite child as family member, please check Visiting family section.

Basic requirements

To come to the United Kingdom as a child visitor, your friend or relative must be able to show that:

  • he/she is under 18 years old;
  • he/she only want to visit the United Kingdom for up to six months, or up to 12 months if he/she is accompanying an academic visitor;
  • he/she intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of his/her visit;
  • he/she has enough money to support and accommodate himself/herself without working or help from public funds, or you will support and accommodate him/her;
  • he/she can meet the cost of the return or onward journey;
  • suitable arrangements have been made for his/her travel to, and his/her reception and care in, the UK - and, if a foster carer or relative (not a parent or guardian) will be responsible for his/her care, the arrangements must meet the requirements set out in UKBA guidance;
  • he/she have a parent or guardian in his/her home country who is responsible for his/her care, and he/she can provide their address, their landline phone number; and
  • confirmation that they consent to the arrangements for your travel to, and reception and care in, the UK;
  • he/she can meet the cost of the return or onward journey;

He/she must also show that, during his/her visit, he/she does not intend to:

  • take employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services direc to members of the public;
  • marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
  • receive private medical treatment.

He/she can undertake a short course of study during your visit, if it is provided by an organisation which is:

  • a licensed sponsor under Tier 4 of the points-based system; or
  • accredited by an accreditation body which has been approved by the UK Border Agency

Necessary documents

Your friend or relative should provide as many relevant documents as he/she can to show that he/she qualify for entry to the UK, otherwise entry clearance officer may refuse his/her application. Below, you can find a common list of neccesary documents.

Information about you friend or relative

  • A current and valid passport
  • 1 passport-size colour photograph
  • Previous passport, if any
  • Evidence of your marital status
  • Evidence of your current employment or studies
  • The child’s birth certificat
  • A signed and dated letter from the child’s parent or guardia
  • An official letter from an authority confirming guardianshi

Information about your friend or relative finances and employment

  • Bank statement or letter
  • Payslips
  • Tax returns
  • Evidence of income from property or land or other sources

Accommodation in UK and travel detail

  • Details of accommodation and return travel bookings
  • A planned itinerary
  • Supporting letter(s) from you if you invite or sponsoring your friend or relative

Support your friend or relative

Documents you should provide to support your friend’s or relative’s application for the UK visa from Russia:

  • Evidence of your employment
  • Your bank statements
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Evidences that you have met your friend in real life or evidences to certify your relationship
  • You will get the full list of documents for you and your visitor according your personal circumstances.