Entertainer Visitor

If your friend, relative or partner is based abroad but he/she wants to visit the UK for short periods to take part in some major arts festivals, music competitions and charity events, he/she is able to come here as an entertainer visitor

Basic requirements

Your friend, relative or partner can come to the UK as an entertainer visitor if he/she is:

  • taking part in a music competition as a professional entertainer;
  • an internationally famous person taking part in broadcasts or public appearances, provided you are not being paid;
  • taking part in an audition, provided this is not in front of an audience (either paying or non-paying);
  • an amateur entertainer coming for a specific engagement as an individual performer;
  • part of a group of amateur entertainers (such as a choir or youth orchestra) coming for a specific engagement;
  • a professional entertainer taking part in a charity concert or show, provided the organisers are not making a profit and you are receiving no fee;
  • an amateur or professional entertainer taking part in a cultural event sponsored by a government or recognised international organisation, or a major arts festival;
  • a member of the technical or support staff (such as a dietician, bodyguard or press officer) of amateur or professional entertainers, attending for the same event; or
  • an official (such as a choreographer, stage manager or designer) attending the same event as the entertainer.

He/she must also show that, during his/her visit, he/she does not intend to:

  • take employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
  • undertake a course of study;
  • marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
  • receive private medical treatment

In order to be able to come to the United Kingdom as an entertainer visitor, your friend, relative or partner must be able to show that:

  • he/she is 18 or over;
  • he/she wants to visit the United Kingdom for up to six months, or up to 12 months if he/she is accompanying an academic visitor;
  • he/she intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of his/her visit;
  • he/she has enough money to support and accommodate himself/herself without working or help from public funds, or you will support and accommodate him/her;
  • he/she can meet the cost of the return or onward journey;

Necessary documents

Your friend or relative should provide the correct documents with his application, otherwise the entry clearance officer may refuse his/her application. Below, you can find a common list of necessary documents.

Information about applicant

  • A current and valid passport
  • 1 passport-size colour photograph
  • Previous passport, if any
  • Evidence of his/her marital status
  • Evidence of his/her current employment or studies

Information about applicant’s finances and employment

  • Bank statements or a letter from bank
  • Payslips
  • Tax returns
  • Evidences of income

Evidences of income Accommodation in UK and travel detail

  • Details of accommodation and return travel bookings
  • Invitation to attend the event
  • Supporting letter(s) from company/person sponsoring the applicant

You will get the full list of documents from us according to your personal circumstances.