UK visitor visa for marriage or civil partnership

uk marriage visitor visa

This type of visitor visa allows your partner to come to the UK to get married or register a civil partnership. The visa will be issued for the period of the ceremony only. Your partner should leave the country after the marriage or registration of a civil partnership.

The visa for marriage is used by Non-EU nationals to come to the UK and get married only, as they do not plan to live in the UK after the marriage ceremony.

The total length of the visit for marriage stay in the UK will be six months or less.

If you want your partner to come to the UK to marry or register a civil partnership, and you intend to stay in the UK afterwards, you cannot apply as a visitor for marriage. You should apply for Fiance(e) visa / spouse visa

In order to be able to come to the UK in this category, your partner must be able to show that:

  • he/she 18 or over;
  • he/she intends to visit the UK for no more than six months, and to leave the UK at the end of his/her visit;
  • he/she intends to give notice of marriage or civil partnership, or marry or form a civil partnership, in the UK while he/she will be there;
  • he/she can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
  • he/she is not in transit to a country outside the common travel area.
  • he/she must also show that he/she has enough money to support and accommodate himself/herself without working or help from public funds, or you will support and accommodate him/her;

He/she must also show that, during his/her visit, he/she does not intend to:

  • take employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
  • undertake a course of study;
  • marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
  • carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
  • receive private medical treatment.

You must be able to produce satisfactory evidence (if the British Embassy in Moscow asks for it) of your arrangements for giving notice of marriage or civil partnership, or for your wedding or civil partnership to take place, in the UK while your visitor will be there.

Documents you should provide to support your visitor’s application for the UK visa from Russia:

· Evidence of your employment

· Your bank statements

· Tenancy agreement

· Evidences that you have met your fience in real life or evidences to certify your relationship

You will get the full list of documents from us according to your personal circumstances.